The Eye Cinema is currently seeking to recruit an experienced, professional and enthusiastic Duty Manager to join their Management Team.
As an Eye Cinema Duty Manager you will be leading a dynamic team in a very fast-paced and busy cinema environment. You will be responsible for the health and safety of junior staff members, cinema patrons and the safety of our premises. Personal qualities such as good problem solving, organisational, interpersonal and verbal communication skills are important. All candidates must be confident, commercially aware and capable of forming good relationships with a wide range of people. Good business and IT skills are also important.
You will be required to be flexible in your availability and you need to be able to work a mix of day shifts, evening shifts and weekends as assigned by senior management on the roster. You will also be assigned other shifts filling in for roles on the floor (Supervisor, Box Office, Concessions, Ben and Jerry's, Ushering, etc)
You will be carrying out a variety of duties including but not limited to:
- Complete daily fire walks around the building to ensure fire exits and escape routes are safe and clear of obstructions.
- Record temperature checks of freezers for HAACP purposes.
- Report any incidents that may occur during your shift and promptly resolve any issues (i.e. customers' complaints, maintenance calls, staff roster changes due to illness, etc).
- Give out and cash up staff's till and keep record of variances.
- Order stock as appropriate & sign off on stock deliveries.
- Ensure food counters and vending machines are well maintained and well stocked at any time.
- Make sure staff presentation is professional and dress code is adhered to.
- Take calls on the Duty Manager phone and help the callers with their inquiries.
- Check the Duty Manager and Info email accounts regularly during your shifts and promptly respond to any emails.
- Deal with birthday party bookings and calls.
- Be familiar with our movies and snacks offering or any ongoing promotions and special deals.
- Be familiar with our sales software and be ready to step in and work at a till behind the counter when needed.
- Complete a stock take when scheduled and input the results to the system.
- Have a presence on floor and be there to answer any supervisor/staff or customer queries. Support staff at busy periods by working with them in all areas during busy periods, ensuring queues are managed effectively and quickly.
- Carry out fire drills with staff when required.
- Communicate with the other Duty Managers regarding ongoing issues that need follow-up after your shift is completed.